The Admissions Process
We recognize that no paper application or standardized test score can accurately reflect a student’s academic abilities, strengths, and uniqueness. Every student has an opportunity to sit down for a personal meeting with our Head of School and our Director of Admissions to learn more about what we offer here at Westchester. Parents are welcome to meet with us and explore how WHHS will help their children achieve their full potential.
The following are required for admission:
- Application and Fee. Complete the Application for Admission (online through our Apply Now link) and submit together with a recent photograph of the applicant and the $125.00 application fee by November 26th.
- Permission for Release of Student Records. Sign and submit this form to your middle school(s) and have the student’s records sent directly to the Admissions Office by November 26th. Records for grades 6-8 are required.
- Teacher Recommendation Form. This form should be given to an 8th grade teacher of the applicant’s choice, who should complete and mail or email it directly to the Admissions Office by November 26th.
- High School Entrance Exams. Applicants must take the Yeshiva High School Placement exams which are facilitated by the Jewish Education Project. For more information, contact the JEP at 646-472-5334. Test dates are as follows:
- November 5, 2019: General Studies/The CAT E/Survey.
- November 25, 2019: Judaic Studies Exam (JSAT)
- December 3, 2019: Judaic Studies (JSAT) Make-Up Exam
- Interview. A student interview and a meeting with the student’s parent(s) at a mutually convenient time will be scheduled upon receipt of a completed application, student records, and teacher recommendation.
Student Visits. From December through February, students will experience life at Westchester when they visit with other applicants and observe classes, meet students and faculty, and have lunch together.
- Decisions. Letters will be mailed to students on February 11th.
- Registration. The deadline for registration is March 3rd.
- Placement Exams. Placement tests in English and Math will be administered to enrolled students in late May or early June.
Transfer Students: Application are accepted on a rolling-basis. Students will be required to submit a completed application, academic records for grades 6 to their current high school grade, and a teacher recommendation. Upon receipt, a student interview and a meeting the student’s parent(s) will be scheduled.
Tuition Assistance: Financial aid is available to families based upon demonstrated need. Please see the Tuition and Tuition Assistance tab in the Admissions section of our website for the application and more detailed information. The deadline for filing a complete application for tuition assistance is January 10, 2020. Applications filed thereafter will require a $100 fee.
WHHS Open House:
Nov. 3, 2019